Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ocupadísima!

I wish I could add pictures to this post! I won't be able to get the pictures off my camera until Wednesday... but until then, here are some things I've been up to:

Tuesday I slept in and made lunch for the amigos in the apartment, then I went to the Mercado Artesanal Quito with a volunteer from Canada named Lindsay. She bought some things because she was leaving on Thursday, and I got some good ideas for Otavalo, the BIG market 2 hours north of Quito.

Wednesday I spent the morning at Muñequitos (preschool) playing with the kids and helping the teachers. One of the teachers (Señor Jaime) is having me do a small English lesson on Monday. For lunch I ate at USFQ with Zack and Maria Teresa, who wanted to know all about what I was doing after college and how I liked being back in Ecuador. We also talked about FEVI and in the afternoon I worked on creating a facebook page for the organization:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/FEVI-Ecuador/109323709148578
On Wednesday night I finally went to stay with my host family! They had been in Cuenca for Carnaval. I had the most amazing time with my girls! It's just like being home again :) I had bought Estefí (8) an Easy bake oven thing that you do in the microwave, with cookie mixes and decorating tools. I got the twins (Martina & Ivana, 5) each a puzzle and a princess whiteboard. We baked the cookies and decorated them for a while, and then watched Wizards of Waverly Place en español while we ate them.

I'll update later on the rest of my week... Chao chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment